How To Use Your Bella Virtu Products
I do get asked for directions on how to use the different products, which order and when they should be used, so I thought I would share the content of an email I sent a customer about this when she asked.
A good rule of thumb is that the thinner (runnier) products should go on first followed by thicker (more solid products) - ie. go from thin to thick. Things like oils sink into the skin to deliver nutrients where they're needed, while thicker products like lotions or moisturizers include waxes that are designed to form an "occlusive layer" which just means that they hold moisture in and protect the skin by sitting on top of the skin.
Anyway - here are the instructions I sent her which I hope are useful. Let me know any questions! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Optional: wash your face with the Cleansing Bar. Good to do if you want to have a revitalized, fresh feeling face to start the day. However just rinsing your face with water at the sink or in the shower is fine too.
- Optional: put one drop of Eye Serum onto a fingertip. Rub it between the fingertips of two hand and then gently dab it onto the bone area around your eyes. I do this if I am not planning to wear any make up and want my eye area to feel soft and nourished going into the day. I skip it if I am going to wear under eye concealer, although if you just use a small amount and leave it for a few minutes to sink in, you can use it under make up.
- Apply about half a dropper full of Vitamin C Serum over your whole face and neck, avoiding the eye area. Leave for a minute to sink in. *Alternatively use the Moisturizing Radiance Facial Serum.
- Optional: if your skin is feeling very dry in places, or if you are going to be going out into dry conditions (Minnesota winter or desert climate) then you can put on a tiny amount of Intense Hydrating Cream to soothe and deeply moisturize and protect. Put a dime size (or less if you’re just putting it on certain dry areas) onto your fingers or palm of your hand and rub your hands together to melt the cream and then press it onto your face where your skin is prone to dryness and needs protection from drying elements.
- You may want to finish with your moisturizer or a sunscreen, especially if you are going to be outdoors. Vitamin C does make the skin more sensitive to UV light so it is important to be careful.
- If the products haven’t been absorbed into the skin enough to put make up on (if you’re wearing make-up) after a couple of minutes, just gently dab over the face with a tissue, and you may want to use less Serum next time.
- Cleansing Oil: massage 3 or 4 pumps of the Cleansing Oil into your face and neck for several seconds (the massage is a great beauty treatment all itself as it increases circulation to bringing oxygen and nutrients to the skin and helping the body take away toxins and waste. The Cleansing Oil can be gently applied to the eye area to remove eye make-up – but be very careful not to get any in your eyes. If you do just rinse them. Remove the Cleansing Oil with a soft facial tissue. Your skin should feel clean and make-up free (if you were wearing make-up), and yet hydrated and soft. If desired you can splash some water on your face at this point, but not essential.
- Optional: if you like the feeling of a deeper cleanse and lather on your face, you can either replace the Cleansing Oil with the Cleansing Bar or use the Cleansing Bar after the Cleansing Oil. Just lather up the bar and massage the lather over your face and neck and rinse off. Again you can use it to remove eye make-up but it will sting if it gets into the eyes. This will leave your face feeling clean, fresh and revitalized, but not stripped, dry or tight.
- Put one-two drops of Eye Serum onto a fingertip. Rub it between the fingertips of two hand and then gently dab it onto the bone area around your eyes.
- Apply about half a dropper of the Moisturizing Radiance Facial Serum over your face and neck, gently massaging it in. Sometimes I use a full dropper full and let it gradually soak in overnight.
- Optional: for a rich moisturizing experience overnight then you can use the Intense Hydrating Cream as a nourishing night cream. Put a dime size onto your fingers or palm of your hand and rub your hands together to melt the cream and then press it onto your face all over, especially where your skin is prone to dryness. Take a moment to inhale the lovely lavender scent which will put you in the mood for a relaxing night’s rest.
Once or Twice a Week:
- Rhassoul Clay Mask
- Put about half a teaspoon of the powder in a non-metal bowl and gradually add about one-and-a-half teaspoons of water, mixing as you add with a non-metal spoon. The non-metal is important as the mask contains a lot of negatively charged minerals which is what helps pull toxins out of the skin. Metal can disrupt these charges.
- Once the mask is a thick texture that only slowly drips off the spoon, or a consistency that you can apply to your face without it running off, then apply it all over your face avoiding the area close to the eyes. Leave it for about 15 minutes. It will feel quite tight on your face, and perhaps a bit tingly.
- Then soak a washcloth in warm (not hot) water and use it to gently remove the mask finishing with a rinse of tepid water.
- Your skin will feel soft, smooth and clean.
- Afterwards you can go to step 3 of either of the morning or evening routines depending on what time of day it is.
- Regular use will help reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores, and reduce redness and signs of inflammation
Hope that is helpful!