How do you apply serum on your face? Facial serums are a great way to nourish, hydrate, and improve the appearance of your skin. From treating acne to reducing dark spots and brightening skin, there are many ways serums can benefit your complexion. This blog post will discuss how to apply serum properly, what type of serum to match your skin type, and more tips and tricks to get the most out of your serum. Read on to learn more about how to apply facial serums!
The Benefits of Face Serums
Facial serums provide myriad advantages. They seal moisture into your skin, helping it combat dry skin and the effects of aging. They introduce essential oils that reduce inflammation and increase the presence of antioxidants in your body. They balance skin tone and brighten your skin’s appearance. They can help to treat acne and heal acne scars. With facial serums’ ability to moisturize deeply, they also can prevent fine lines, wrinkles, and skin sagging.
How to Choose the Right Face Serum for Your Skin Type
The ingredients in facial serums vary greatly. Here’s a quick guide to how each ingredient addresses different kinds of skin conditions and skin types.
- Safflower oil: to calm red, irritated skin
- Geranium oil: to soothe and brighten skin, especially after exercise
- Pumpkin seed oil: to hydrate sensitive, acne-prone skin
- Helichrysum oil: to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and signs of aging
- Blue chamomile oil: to decrease redness from inflammatory skin conditions
- Castor oil: to retain moisture in your skin
- Rosehip oil: to treat acne and heal acne scars
- Sweet orange oil: to reduce acne and dark spots
- Castor oil: to increase moisture and reduce inflammation in your skin
- Sweet almond oil: to moisturize skin for oily skin types
- Lavender oil: to treat hyperpigmentation and soothe skin
- Jojoba oil: to balance your skin’s oil production
- Clary sage oil: to decrease skin irritation
- Sea buckthorn oil: to repair oxidative damage
How to Apply Face Serum Properly
Start by washing your skin with a gentle cleanser. If exfoliating soaps or scrubs are part of your skincare routine, it’s best to use those before applying a facial serum. Draw the serum using the dropper and fill it up halfway. Put a few drops in your palm at a time. If you’re using a thinner serum, be aware that it may run and drop only a small amount at a time. Gently rub the facial serum into your skin. Let it dry for two minutes, then tap your skin in a circular motion to check how much serum is absorbed. Apply daytime SPF moisturizer or night cream after applying facial serum.
Some of Our Favorite Face Serums
Bella Virtu creates three different types of facial serums: Nourishing Eye Serum, Vitamin C Serum, and Moisturizing Radiance Facial Serum for Dry Skin. Our eye serum is an absorbent anti-aging that reduces fine lines, dark circles, and puffiness. Our vitamin C serum uses a mixture of safflower oil, pumpkin seed oil, and rosemary leaf oil to fight dry skin and brighten your skin. Our moisturizing facial serum contains sage oil and helichrysum oil to treat inflammation, acne, and dry skin.
To learn more about how to apply facial serums, visit Bella Virtu’s Serum page.